Wednesday, October 27, 2004

 

The Dem's door knockers

it finally happened. For the first time ever a political advocate knocked on my door to ask for support and $ for his candidate. Unfortunately the young man was a democrat. He cheerily launched into his routine about trying to get George Bush out of office. At that point I asked him why do we want Bush out of office? BLANK STARE. The guy froze like a deer in the headlights, he had nothing to say, apparently never had to answer that question before. I let him stew in his own silence for a few seconds, then, out of pity, I broke the silence by asking him if he really liked Kerry or just hated Bush. He said he likes Kerry "well enough" but that Bush is the real problem. Just as I suspected... He finally regained composure and continued with his rehearsed description of the dem's get out the vote efforts in swing states and asked for $ for support.

I gotta give him credit for chutzpa for asking for my donation after I made it clear that I wasn't interested in helping his cause. He was polite enough but his lack of enthusiasm for Kerry spoke volumes.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?