Sunday, January 23, 2005

 

Moscow Melts in Record Warm Spell

Chicago weather

Moscow weather

I have to start playing the lottery. I was all set to freeze this winter. This is the first full winter I have lived in Moscow (moved here in March '04) and although it isn't finished, so far it has been pretty nice. It was a fairly cool summer from what I was told. Reminded me of Northern California, warm during the day and cooling off 30 degrees at night.

I have visited Moscow during an unbelieveably cold January 2002. That was miserable. Looking at the weather in Chicago does not make me want to return home any time soon. This is a fluke and I keep waiting for the endless days of sub-freezing temperatures to start. But I wouldn't feel deprived if I did not live through a bad Russian winter.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?