Friday, February 18, 2005

 

Kyoto protest beaten back by inflamed petrol traders



Way to go you Futures trading, Cockney barrow boy spivs! (Hat tip: BotW)

WHEN 35 Greenpeace protesters stormed the International Petroleum Exchange (IPE) yesterday they had planned the operation in great detail.

What they were not prepared for was the post-prandial aggression of oil traders who kicked and punched them back on to the pavement.



“We bit off more than we could chew. They were just Cockney barrow boy spivs. Total thugs,” one protester said, rubbing his bruised skull. “I’ve never seen anyone less amenable to listening to our point of view.”

Another said: “I took on a Texan Swat team at Esso last year and they were angels compared with this lot.” Behind him, on the balcony of the pub opposite the IPE, a bleary-eyed trader, pint in hand, yelled: “Sod off, Swampy.”

I have no idea what a 'Cockney barrow boy spiv' is but I would like to become an honorary member. As a futures trader who has traded in a pit, many years ago, I can tell you that if a bunch of Swampies tried this in Chicago, they would have gotten the same reception. This incident is proof that people are tired of the leftist thug tactics. I say zero tolerance for bullies trying to force their point of view on the rest of the world. If they want to protest, carry a sign and chant a slogan. But if they start locking themselves to or invading private property they should be prepared to deal with people who will violently defend what is theirs. In case you feel sorry for these people, remember that they are invading someone's place of business. Disrupting trading puts these trader's livelyhoods at risk. Given what we know about leftist protesters and violence, I do not blame these traders for reaction.

The minute I hit the ground, all hell broke loose. As I struggled to get up in the slippery snow, two anarchists began kicking me in the back; ProtestWarriors were being shoved and punched all around me. The DAWN marshal struggled to stop the anarchists' assault. When I finally got to my feet, I went over to the marshal, telling the ProtestWarriors to stop everything and not touch a single person; with the anarchists cursing at us, and my ProtestWarriors yelling back, we nearly had a riot on our hands. The marshal told us to leave, and this time I complied. We had came, we had caught the Leftists on tape, and we had made our point. There was no sense in endangering our bodies or lives by staying any longer.


Update: Dusty sends us the Cockney barrow boy spiv training video.

I love the British sense of hum(o)ur.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?