Wednesday, March 09, 2005

 

Military and schools

I have the pleasure/annoyance (depending on the day) of walking past Truman College (One of the city colleges of Chicago) as I get off the Wilson el stop in Uptown on my way home from work. Yesterday I was greeted by four individuals passing out literature promoting the banning of the U.S. Military from recruiting in schools ('Ban the military from our schools' was their slogan).

I informed one of them that they should be ashamed of themselves for such a display but did not stop as I walked by. I'm not sure if they will be there again today but I will consider a conversation if they are persistent. I can't assume their reasoning and will have to take one of their 'papers' to read for myself although I would rather not increase their circulation.

Bill C: Diego, if you see them again ask them if they are improvisers. If they say yes ask them if that really funny guy, Bill C, is still around.

Update: They don't know what happened to Bill C. He kind of just disappeared, like Yakov Smirnoff.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?