Wednesday, May 25, 2005

 

Bookworm's Film Meme Tag

I'm certain that of all the Brain Droppings contributors I watch the fewest number of movies by a large margin. Nevertheless, here goes.

Total number of films I own on DVD/Video:


One. The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly. One of my favorite movies, the visuals are spectacular. And I absolutely love the ending.

The last film I bought:

Take a wild guess.

The last film I watched:

I've watched two in the last year. Winged Migration, a stunningly beautiful film that follows the migration of birds throughout the world in a close, almost intimate way. The visuals are absolutely breathtaking. A spectacular film. The other, High Roller: The Stu Ungar Story is based on the true story of the youngest player ever to win the World Series of Poker and the only player ever to win the event twice in a row and three times overall. Ungar was a hero of mine when I was young and I dreamed of besting his record. (Alas, it was not to be.) Unless you are interested in his life, which was marred by the excesses of gambling and drug use, I wouldn't recommend the film, though it doesn't really dwell on the latter and isn't anywhere near as depressing as I expected.

Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me (in no particular order):


1) The Hunt for Red October
2) This Is Spinal Tap
3) Bull Durham
4) Goodfellas
5) The Wizzard of Oz

If I have to tag five, I'll tag my fellow contributors and bobbyd.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?