Wednesday, August 24, 2005

 

Book Recommendation: The Tipping Point

I just finished a former NY Times #1 best-seller called "The Tipping Point" by Malcolm Gladwell and I highly recommend it. Although this book has nothing to do with politics, I think you all would find it interesting. It analyzes the phenomena of how social epidemics are started in everything from fashion trends and children's television to crime rates and the spread of VD, and explains why small changes in implementation can make a big difference in results. This almost makes it sound like a Marketing text, but it really is more of a Psychology-of-Business-and-Current-Affairs book, if there is such a thing. I'm kind of struggling with a description, so I'll just agree with one of the book's reviewers who calls it "a how-to on the science of manipulation".

Check it out.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?