Thursday, August 11, 2005

 

Err America: Corporate Sociopaths













In the movie, The Corporation, the 'documentarians' check off a list of symptoms common to sociopathic behavior as they describe the actions of various corporations. One of the symptoms was the inability to empathize/take responsibility for the suffering of others. From the Air America public statement regarding monies loaned to the fledging radio network by the charity, Gloria Wise Boys and Girls Club:

The current owners of Air America Radio have no obligation to Progress Media's business activities. We are very disturbed that Air America Radio's good name could be associated with a reduction in services for young people, which is why we agreed months ago to fully compensate the Gloria Wise Boys & Girls Club as a result of this transaction. [Emphasis added]

Well I might have to eat some crow because I thought the Corporation was a bunch of BS but here is a classic example of a corporation denying responsibility for the suffering of others.

But it gets worse. Where did the money go? Apparently it went into 'operations'. Iow, Al Franken's pocket. I guess the Franken decade didn't end in 1989. From the RadioEqualizer:

FRANKEN: Ok, it turns out he was on the board, or worked for, this Gloria Wise Boys and Girls Club in the Bronx or something.

And he uh, borrowed (laughter) $875,000 from, I don't know why they did it, and I don't know where the money went, I don't know if it was used for operations (softer, especially fast), which I imagine it was. I think he was robbing Peter to pay Paul.

And about three weeks into the life of Air America, I became an involuntary investor. I stopped being paid.

So now, we started to make arrangements, and I didn't know anything about this until late last week, and I'm sorry, Rick, that you have to be here for this. [Emphasis added]


Actually, he was robbing a charity to pay Al. If Al feels so bad about this incident do you think he is willing to forgo his salary for awhile? Yeah, sure. The RadioEqualizer also has some good photoshops along with the rest of the transcript of this segment of the Al "Get Paid" Franken. It is good for a chuckle. Once again it isn't the crime, it is the cover up.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?