Tuesday, March 07, 2006

 

Movies

Though this could be motivated by industry politics or movie promotion, I agree with this opinion on Hollywood by actor Anthony Hopkins. I have not seen many movies recently and these are some of the reasons why.

"Audiences aren't so mindless as movie-makers think", he told the Radio Times magazine. The Hollywood star's latest film, The World's Fastest Indian, is a true story about a New Zealander motorcyclist who broke the land speed record.

Sir Anthony said of the movie: "No sex or violence, and that's refreshing. "I'm also tired of the camera moving all over the place, with car chases so cut and edited you don't know what's happening.
Over the last several years I've found that some of the movies I at first think I enjoyed really were not necessarily that good but rather did not turn me off with the usual gimmicks (examples: Napoleon Dynamite and Lost in Translation).

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?