Wednesday, May 17, 2006

 

Look at #2

50 worst artists in music. Via VikingPundit.

Yes, I am baiting Mike.

Diego comments:

Just as it makes one feel good to know that the U.S. is on some left-wing shit list (Chomsky for example) I am happy that some of the bands/musicians I like are on a 'worst' list from Blender. You really must consider the list maker.

Keyboard “wizard” and professional cape wearer (#42 on the list Rick) Wakeman’s diabolical taste revealed itself early, when he elected to join prog-rockers Yes instead of David Bowie’s backing band, the Spiders From Mars.

A wise decision it was opting for music over celebrity. Blender wouldn't get that. From what little I've read of that magazine over the past few years they don't differentiate between music and entertainment. You can see Rick at the Abbey Pub on Friday June 23. I'll be there if I'm in town.

On Emerson, Lake & Palmer:

Appalling fact Singer-bassist Greg Lake performed on a $10,000 Persian rug that roadies vacuumed before every show.

I've seen the rug up close before and I would agree with Lake's version which I saw in an interview. When the band first started Lake was getting a shock from the microphone and suggested that the crew put a rug over all the wires that were running by his feet on stage. That was it. The crew grabbed a rug from somewhere and brought it with them from then on. I doubt it is a $10k rug but I can't say that for certain.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?