Sunday, July 30, 2006

 

The Qana Attack

Were civilians used as shields

Evidence has been presented that the Israeli attack on a building in Qana, Lebanon came after rockets were fired near that building. That there might be more to the story; i.e., the building did not collapse immediately and there was some staging of this event. I have watched Fox News playing supposed Israeli footage showing Katushya rockets being fired from that location. What is driving me nuts is that no one is trying to put 2 and 2 together. First, are those actual videos of rockets coming from the vicinity of the building? Second, is there any evidence that the building did not collapse immediately? I suspect we will learn more in the near future but I don't know if the information will be of much use. Hezbollah seems to control the ground in that area and I doubt that they are going to allow autopsies on the dead. I want to know the truth of this but I am left falling back on my assumptions of the actors in this play. That leaves me with an uncomfortable feeling and that is exactly what Hezbollah might be trying to create inside the U.S. Therefore, it is incumbent upon Israel to present all its information on the events in Qana and to be completely upfront and honest.

I want to believe Israel but I am also a person of conscious. They are in a tough position so I am willing to give then the benefit of the doubt as far as intent but I would love to have more proof that Hezbollah is lying to turn American public opinion.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?