Wednesday, January 03, 2007

 

Duke Invites Lacrosse Players Involved in Alleged Rape Case Back to Campus

Or, Duke attempts to not get sued.


Now with the approach of a new term, we believe that circumstances warrant that we strike this balance differently. At this point, continued extension of the administrative leave would do unwarranted harm to your educational progress.

I hope these guys can resume their lives on campus. If one good thing comes out of this I am sure being falsely accused of rape has caused them to grow up fast with a new appreciation for freedom and the opportunities that a school like Duke affords them. And I am not being sarcastic by inferring the opportunity to have the P.C. elements on campus rush to judge them.

Diego: North Carolina native Ben Folds comments (from 2001) in Rockin' the Suburbs (which he makes a joke of since he is a goof):

Let me tell y'all what it's like
Being male, middle-class and white
It's a bitch, if you don't believe
Listen up to my new CD....

In a haze these days
I pull up to the stop light
I can feel that something's not right
I can feel that someone's blasting me with hate And bass
Sendin' dirty vibes my way
'Cause my great great great great Grandad
Made someones' great great great great Grandaddies slaves
It wasn't my idea...

Y'all don't know what it's like
Being male, middle class and white
It gets me real pissed off, it makes me wanna say...

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?