Friday, May 18, 2007

 

Fred Thompson's brilliant media strategy

Fred Thompson might or might not be running for President but either way what he is doing is absolutely brilliant. I would like to think that Senator Thompson is not a cynical man so I choose to believe that he is seriously considering running. Bully for him. I would love to see him in the race because there is a need for a conservative who is not tainted by convenient changes of mind on important issues.

Fred, and I feel I can call him that because he has drawn me into his folky way of speaking and his downhome common sense, has a daily podcast on ABC radio. He writes for NRO. Add this to is exposure as an actor and he has a considerable amount of time on various broadcast media and all of this is not being paid for by a campaign. With this being the case I hope he delays his announcement until the end of the summer or as long as he can without looking like a Mario Cuomo wannabe. He is getting more exposure than any other Republican candidate for his ideas. He is proving that he is a great communicator and I quite sure the other Republican candidates are green with envy.

So keep it up Fred because I am loving what you are saying and the way you are doing it.

Let me add that I just found this article by Peggy Noonan. Great minds and all that.

Labels:


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?