Thursday, May 03, 2007

 

Wal-Mart has gotten into the consumer electronics business

Why didn't we know this was going to happen a year or more ago? All the money we could have saved!

What caught competitors off guard was that Wal-Mart also cut the price of a top brand name -- the 42-inch Panasonic high-definition TV -- by $500, to $1,294. That sent dozens of retailers across the country scrambling, and many rushed to match prices: Circuit City offered the same Panasonic TV at $1,299, while Best Buy sold a Westinghouse 42-inch LCD for $999. Others tried to lure customers to larger TVs -- CompUSA gave a $500 rebate on its 50-inch Panasonic plasma for $2,499. [Emphasis bitterly added.]

Damn you Wal-Mart for making me regret purchasing my beloved Westy. On the plus side, I don't think I will have to wait a decade to but a 50"+ screen for my super duper home entertainment center.

Labels: , ,


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?