Wednesday, June 06, 2007

 

Shamnesty

Michelle Malkin has a good summary of the immigration bill debate going on in the senate right now. From Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions:

"No one has a right to come to America. We get to decide...we allow on our terms and conditions... our immigration system is set up to serve the national interest...No one has a constitutional legal right to demand entry into America. It amazes me the lack of comprehension shown...We set the standards. We have the most generous set of laws in the world. We're not going to end immigration or act irrationally. To set reasonable standards, as Cornyn is attempting to do, only makes common sense."

It is good to see someone speaking up but I'm beginning to feel as if there might not be enough opposition to the bill to defeat it. I originally thought this would be like the Harriet Meyers Supreme Court nomination that would simply die out as time passed but I'm not encouraged by what I've read of the current debate.

Sessions has a list of loopholes in the bill here and I'm guessing there is much more not to like.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?