Sunday, October 07, 2007

 

A Marine Solves A Murder

And wishes to remain anonymous

From today's Sun-Times:
It was mid-April, seven months after Dr. David Cornbleet, a Chicago dermatologist, had been found brutally stabbed to death in his downtown office. The police still had no clue who did it, and the Chicago doctor's family was struggling to keep the case in the news in hopes it might encourage someone, anyone, to call in tips.

The Marine hadn't heard about the Chicago murder investigation. But, as his friend unloaded, he took out a notebook and began taking notes.

"I was completely blindsided," said the Marine, who has since returned to Iraq.

He ended up piecing together a story that would lead investigators to an apartment in New York City where Cornbleet's suspected killer, Hans Peterson -- now in custody in the French West Indies -- once lived.
I hope this story gets the attention it deserves and that this marine retains his desired anonymity.

(Note: My original post was meant to conclude with this last sentence. I don't know happened to it when I published the post. I noticed this about 2 hours after publication, when I added it back.)

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?