Thursday, October 18, 2007

 

Swearing at Work

From Yahoo news: "Regular swearing at work can help boost team spirit among staff, allowing them to express better their feelings as well as develop social relationships, according to a study by researchers."

I remember one of the first temp jobs I had out of college when I had to do some simple data entry into a spread sheet for a consulting firm. After working all morning inputting data the network crashed. The project manager who hired me came over to my computer, then called in their tech guy. When the tech guy told him all the work was lost (and precious time wasted) the manager went off on a tirade filled with fine quality swear words, directed at no one though so he was not blaming anybody.

That tirade made me feel good about being in that office and made me more aware of what the real world was like. These people didn't care if my tie was on straight or what I was doing after work. They just wanted you to do the work. I knew I could handle that and that made me feel much more at ease.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?