Sunday, April 13, 2008

 

Lonely Planet's bad trip

On our recent trip down to the D.R. we had a lot of trouble with the phone numbers given by Frommers and, I believe, Lonely Planet. They were just wrong. I am not sure that we were using the Lonely Planet guide, it was the one left for us by the owner of the villa we were renting but I am sure that Bill O brought the Frommers guide. Anyway, this is not surprising if what the subject of this article says is true.

"They didn't pay me enough to go Colombia,'' he said.

"I wrote the book in San Francisco. I got the information from a chick I was dating - an intern in the Colombian Consulate.

"They don't pay enough for what they expect the authors to do.''

Which gave me a great idea. I travel fairly frequently and would be happy to write about the places I visit for the cost of a couple of meals. (Especially Le Colonial in the Playa Dorado complex near Puerto Plata.) I wouldn't make up anything, I could send proof that I had eaten there in the form of receipts. Heck, I would write a review of the hotel if they cover 75% of the cost of staying there. So Lonely Planet or Frommers let me know if you want an honest reviewer. I would even go to Columbia.

Labels:


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?