Thursday, May 01, 2008

 

Robert John Nelson RIP

Bob Nelson was a co-founder/owner of Mulligans Public House on the corner of Roscoe and Damen. He passed away on April 17th. Bob pretty much built that place up with his hands and, along with his partner Tim Schau, made it a place where you always felt welcome. John O and I moved into Roscoe Village about the same time that Mulligans first opened its doors and we were regulars on and off over the years. I played in their dart league, had a blast on the Clown pub crawls, and closed the place many times with Bob when he didn't feel like sleeping and let the regulars stick around.

This is devastating to me because Bob was only a few years older than I am. I just found out about this and as yet do not know the cause of death. I am afraid it is because of his hard drinking lifestyle. More on that later. Bob was a good friend to a lot of people and I hope he is enjoying a Guinness with his Dad, Sweets, right now.

A celebration of Bob's life is scheduled for May 3, 2008, at 7 p.m. at Mulligan's Public House.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?