Sunday, June 28, 2009

 

Sports etiquette

When you are in a public place and you learn the result and/or score of a game, do not announce it because there might be someone who has recorded the game on his DVR who wants to watch the game later. Jerk. After said jerk made the announcement I walked up to him and told him he shouldn't do that. He made an excuse about games being public. But I think he got the message. Being a lot bigger than him and pissed off helped convey the point.

One thing about being over 40 is that I am a lot less tolerant of ignorant behavior and a lot less self conscious about letting people know it. Anybody who knows me knows that I believe everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Diego: Sporting events are current events and announcing an outcome is not necessarily a rude thing. I'm not sure of the circumstances in your case but a game is much more like an election result and not a newly released movie, 99% just want to know who won. If you let it be known ahead of time that you do not want to know the result, that is a whole different story.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?