Tuesday, June 26, 2012

 

Obama Child

I took this off of Facebook.  A friend of a friend's child voicing her reasons for supporting Obama.  I so much wanted to ask if the reason was because she was young and did not understand economics or history.  I cannot blame parents for teaching their children their values.  In the mid to late 70s I was a precocious supporter of Ronald Reagan- disappointed in '76 and elated in '80.

Kids are good parrots and I don't doubt that Emma made her parents proud.  It is much harder to be a conservative child.  Explaining supply side tax cuts is much more difficult than saying you just want to help poor people.  That is why we tend to get more conservative as we get older.  Conservatism is about thinking not feeling.

Labels: , ,


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?