Thursday, October 25, 2012

 

Sugar can disrupt basic brain function

Researchers at UCLA have found that a diet high in sugar can disrupt the memory and learning functions of the brain, while omega-3 fatty acids can actually counteract said disruption. High-fructose corn syrup, in particular, creates problems. The liquid is six times sweeter than cane sugar and, as you've probably heard, commonly added to soft drinks and processed foods. The average American actually consumes more than 40 pounds of this stuff every year.

I have been staying away from sugar for about 12 years for the most part although I have been more serious about it for the last year and a half.  Sugar just makes me put on weight.  I can't say it makes me dumber but I would be the last person to ask about that.

Labels: , ,


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?